A trucking accident can be extremely traumatic for everyone involved. Actually, thousands of individuals are injured in accidents that involve buses and trucks. One of the first things to do is to remain calm in order to reduce the number of injuries and help you get compensation depending on how serious the trucking accident is. This is why you will need to contract the services of a professional Truck accident lawyer Chicago firm to ensure you get all your benefits.
Some of the factors that lead to the upsurge of trucking accidents include:
- Tired drivers
- Inexperienced drivers
- Improperly loaded trucks
- Aggressive driving
- Over speeding
- Poorly maintained gear
- And driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
If you are ever involved in a truck accident, you can be entitled for money to cater for:
- Damage to your vehicle
- Hospital bills
- Loss of wages
- Emotional and physical suffering and pain
- Punitive damages that are intended to punish the driver
While there are many trucking lawyers available in Chicago, it is imperative that you locate one who has vast experiences in handling accident cases. You should carry out your search for the trucking accident attorney by asking some of the pertinent questions listed below.
- For how many years have you been practicing law?
- Have you ever handled cases that were settled out of court?
- Is your specialization in handling trucking accident cases?
- How many trucking accidents have you handled in the recent past?
- Have you ever filed personal injury cases for your clients?
- Is it possible to get a detailed breakdown on your fee structure?
- Do you offer a ?no win no fee? option as offered by a number of trucking accident lawyers in Chicago?
- Do you have the requisite experience and expertise in handling cases when an accident victim has had to be hospitalized for the long-term?
- What is number of cases that have resulted in a win for the client?
An experienced Truck accident lawyer Chicago firm should be able to answer competently all these questions quickly. Such a firm should also be in a position to guide you from beginning to end in a court of law and ensure that you are paid.
Be the first to like.