Talk to a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Vineland, NJ about Your Claim

If you have been injured at work, you may be wondering if you need to contact an attorney to handle your injury case. If the accident happened in New Jersey, only a lawyer who is licensed in the state of New Jersey can file a claim formally. If you do not file this type of claim, you cannot collect the amount to which you are entitled and therefore your healthcare treatment may be affected.

Take the Initiative and Contact a Lawyer

In order to get started on your case, first contact a workers’ compensation lawyer in Vineland, NJ. Some claimants worry that making this move will cause them to lose their jobs. However, it is against the law for an employer to practice any form of retaliation or fire an employee for making a compensation claim.

Alert Your Employer If You Are Hurt on the Job

Speak to a workers’ compensation lawyer without delay if you were fired after filing a claim. Make sure that your rights are safeguarded in this respect. If you have been injured on the job, you need to alert your employer as soon as possible. Speak to the appropriate supervisor or manager in your company. While notifications of this type do not have to be written, it is not a bad idea to take down the information in writing. That way, you will have evidence that a notification was made.

Determining Benefits

When you speak with a workers’ compensation lawyer, you can find out more information about benefits. Self-insured employers normally determine an employee’s eligibility for benefits after investigating a claim. If your employer is insured, the insurance carrier decides the benefits that an employee receives. Regardless of the process, you can file an action with New Jersey’s Division of Workers’ Compensation if you feel that your benefits are unfair.

As you can see, this type of claim needs to be made with the help of an experienced legal advocate. In order to find out more details about your workers’ compensation rights, contact Kavanagh & Kavanagh Law and set up an appointment for a consultation.

Be the first to like.

Be Sociable, Share!