Acquiring a Military Service Affidavit

by | Aug 9, 2013 | Law

Latest Articles



Are you an active duty servicemember? Are you a recently discharged or retired servicemember? If so, there is an Act in place that will help make sure that you don’t lose your home or apartment to civil lawsuits. The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act allows you to get a Military Service Affidavit that will prevent civil suits from taking your home or evicting you from your apartment. It also prevents civil suits from credit card companies as well.

The way you go about getting a military service affidavit is to go through a thorough database. It is easier to find the information with a social security number and date of birth, but it can be found without those things. That would just take longer. Some databases require either a social security number and birth date or just a social security number. Through your search, you may receive one of the following: “military affidavit”, “non-military affidavit”, “nonmilitary affidavit” or “Active Duty Verification Affidavit”. If the list you are working with is large, you may find it easier to do batch processing search.

A search of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act will not count as a document that can get you credit, a home or apartment, or provide any help to your existing credit score.

Finding a databank that has all the information you need is important. If you try to go through each department individually, it can take months of waiting before you get your information. A social security number is the best way to get your information. Other information, however, can also be used. Date of birth, physical address either current or past, telephone numbers and former employer names can also be used to narrow down your search.

It is important that we take care of our servicepeople. They put their lives on the line to protect and defend our nation. Too many servicepeople come back with trauma. Lifting the burden of worrying about foreclosure or eviction does a lot to ease the mind. The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Centralized Verification Service provides easy active duty verification of people who are in military service and eligible for certain protections under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.

Active duty military search and certification for SCRA. Servicemembers Civil Relief Act Central Verification Service provides verification of active duty military status with or without social security number.

Other Related Articles